Saturday, April 14, 2012

a DaY oF SuMMeR TRaiNiNG

Today was the day officially dedicated to 
SuMMeRTiMe PReP.
I didn't even have to plan it that way. It totally just happened!

SUMMERTIME PReP
EFY TRAINING + PIG RETREAT

You want to know what's odd?
I have worked 20 weeks of EFY,
11 of which were Health Counselor weeks, 
and I have NEVER been to a day of 
HEALTH COUNSELOR TRAINING 
in my life.

2009: Hired 9 days before my first session.
(aka: there were no more trainings)
2010: Had to turn down the position, 
but ended up working for 2 weeks anyways :)
**FOUND OUT ABOUT BOTH THE DAY OF**
(aka: no time to train)

So TODAY I attended my FIRST
HEALTH COUNSELOR TRAINING
and it was GREAT!


1. There are only 3 Health Counselors that have ever worked for EFY before.
2. Of those three, I am the only one that has ever been a Health Counselor before.


I'm so excited! 
My Co-Counselor 
SCOTT,
he ROCKS. 
And we are gonna  
ROCK EFY!


THEN...
it was time for 
THE PHILIPPINES RETREAT!

DoM and I went down to CoLe's PaReNTS down in LaKe SHoRe.


There we...

 met up with the rest of the
PIG Crew
(minus three girls).
Yes, you counted right.
RYaN + CoLe + 11 GiRLS.
They definitely picked the right job. haha
We ate some dinner,
witnessed a BoTTLe RoCKeT WaR,
got our ITINERARIES & PACKING LISTS,
talked about all the stuff we get to do, 
and even learned some
TAGALOG.


Then we had a BONFIRE @ CoLe's 
just like old times :) 

Thinking about this trip makes me so GIDDY :D

If I could,
I would just on a plane right now!
But since I can't, I'll just go study up on my
TAGALOG
instead :)

18 DAYS

2 comments:

  1. What a summer...oh yeah!!! Have a ton of fun! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't learn this until I got to the Philippines, but they use "ung" instead of "ang".

    ReplyDelete